The Concrete Materials Laboratory houses equipment and instruments capable of safely producing and testing concrete and other cement-based materials. The Concrete Materials Laboratory contains:
- Two small, one medium, and one large concrete mixer
- 3D concrete printing systems
- Carbon dioxide incubator
- Fresh property measurement: slump, density, entrained air
- Aggregate crusher
- Aggregate drying oven
- Vibrating consolidation table
- Sieve shaker
- Vacuum pumps
- Analytic scales
- Concrete saw
- Laboratory fume hood
- Exhaust system with HEPA filter
Current research in the Concrete Materials Laboratory involves the characterization and development of advanced cement-based systems. Cement rheology and concrete processing are at the forefront of the research interests.
For further information contact Shiho Kawashima at +1.212.854.2701.