Now Hiring: Associate Manager
The Carleton Laboratory is currently hiring for one officer of research position:
Associate Manager (Staff Associate)
The Carleton Laboratory of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics is seeking a Staff Associate in the capacity of Associate Manager of the Carleton Laboratory. The applicant must be a qualified engineer in either the fields of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Material Science, or a related field.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are:
Perform daily administrative duties of the Laboratory in concert with Manager:
- Submit and reconcile project invoices.
- Develop and maintain Carleton Laboratory website.
Develop and enforce safety and training compliance for all laboratory users
- Laboratory access database
- Formal training programs for each piece of laboratory equipment
- Maintain regulatory compliance pursuant OSHA, FDNY, EH&S, and EPA
- Perform all laboratory purchasing and maintain laboratory project budgets. Maintain positive vendor relationships to support just-in-time procurement strategy.
- Maintain certification, calibration, and general maintenance schedule for testing and fabrication equipment.
Assist Manager in following duties:
- Conduct research and testing of all types of structures, materials, and structural elements.
- Prepare laboratory reports.
- Support faculty and student research.
- Maintain and update laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Provide community and University outreach through outreach programs, tours, orientations, etc.
Mentor, train, supervise undergraduate, M.S. , and Ph.D. students performing work in laboratory in concert with Associate Manager and Associate Research Scientist
Serve as acting Manager in the absence of Manager
Pay: $50,000-$60,000/year, contingent on experience
Apply to the position via RAPS.