The MTS 6612 Axial-Torsion Universal Testing Machine is capable of performing dynamic testing in simultaneous axial/torsion loading regime with independent control commands and tuning parameters. The system may be used for low to high-cycle fatigue testing. The open architecture of the state of the art MTS controller allows the machine to follow complex logic-driven test procedures. The hydraulic-driven crosshead and multipurpose active hydraulic wedge grips allow the machine to be reconfigured for various tests within minutes.
- Manufacturer: MTS, USA
- Model: 6612-02A
- Load Capacity: 50 kip (222 kN) in tension and compression
- Stroke: 10 in (254 mm)
- Torsion Capacity: 1650 ft-lb (2,236 Nm)
- Angle Capacity: 100°
- Control System: Load, Displacement, Torsion, Angle, and Strain Control
Tension, jaw to jaw: 17 in (432 mm)
- Gross vertical test space: 59 in (1500 mm)
- Lateral clearance, tower to tower: 24 in (610 mm)
- Jaw Width: 2 in (51 mm)
Active hydraulic wedge grips with 10,000 psi (690 bar) actuator
- 55 kip (250 kN) fatigue rated in tension/compression
- 20,000 in-lb (2200 Nm) fatigue rated in torsion
- Round capacity: 0.04 to 1.03 in (1 to 26.2 mm)
- Flat capacity: 0.24 to 1.02 in (6 to 25.9 mm)
ASTM E4 for tension/compression force for 10% and 100% range
- ASTM E2309 for displacement
- MTS FS-CA 2105 for angle
This machine is maintained by Carleton Laboratory management. To reserve this machine, please fill out the equipment reservation request form at least two business days before your usage slot.
For further information contact Adrian Brügger at +1.212.854.3158.