Centrifuge's Counterweight System and Data Acquisition Tower
Acutronic Control Console and Data Acquisition Station.
A 200 g centrifuge was donated to the Carleton Laboratory by the Kajima Corporation in 2004 and is currently used in a wide array of geotechnical research fields, ranging from slope failure analysis, levy failure, lateral loading of pile foundations, saturation experiments, etc. The large payload capacity and high acceleration rating makes this centrifuge an incredibly versatile and flexible piece of equipment.
DATA AQUISITION SYSTEM
It is a wireless system that holds 30 channels with one of the fastest sampling rates. It is capable of sampling at a rate of up to 10,000 data points per second per channel, thus making it relevant for high frequency testing as well. The wireless data acquisition system was successfully tested on Dec 1, 2004.
- Manufacturer: Actidyn, France
- Model: 665-1
- Radius: 3.0 m to platform
- Speed Range: 260 RPM
- Max G-Range: 200 G (200 times of the Earth’s gravity)
- Max Payload@100G: 1500 kg
- Max Payload@200G: 750 kg
- Max Payload Dimensions: L=1000mm, W=800mm, H=800mm
- Auto Balancing during in-flight: Imbalance load range +/- 45 kN
- Number of Rotary Fluid/Air Joints: 4 hydraulic, 4 water & air joints
- Number of Sliprings: Signal (64), Electrical (12), Video (2)
- DAQ System: Wireless DAQ (30 channels), 64 Signal Sliprings
- Strong Boxes: 100cm x 60cm x 37.5cm, 60cm x 40cm x 37.5cm
- Automated Sand Hopper: moving direction and speed, fall height, and slit opening are controllable
- Biaxial Laser Profiler: measurement range of 100cm (horizontal), 30cm (vertical)
- Tilt Table
- Horizontal and Vertical Loading Systems
- Pile Driven System: both static and impact load
- Rainfall Device
This machine is maintained by Carleton Laboratory management. To reserve this machine, please fill out the equipment reservation request form at least two business days before your usage slot.
For further information contact Liming Li at +1.212.854.4823.